“Lift Your Spirit With Hope!”
Our Vision of Hope UCC:
Holding hands in prayer to love and support
One another, in
Embracing diversity and new ideas while sharing God’s love in our community and beyond.
Today, under one collective identity, we can enthusiastically lift up that the United Church of Christ is a welcoming, justice-minded Christian community. At a time when religion is too often portrayed as narrow-minded and exclusive, many are raising their VOICES for an alternate vision:
- Where God is all-loving and inclusive
- Where the Church of Jesus Christ welcomes and accepts everyone as they are
- Where your mind is nourished as much as your soul
- Where Jesus the healer meets Jesus the revolutionary
- Where together we grow a just and peaceful world.
What We Believe
We believe in the triune God.
- We believe that each person is unique and valuable.
- We believe that each person is on a spiritual journey.
- We believe that the persistent search for God produces an authentic relationship with God.
- We believe that all of the baptized ‘belong body and soul to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all people of faith are invited to join Christ at Christ’s table for the sacrament of Communion.
- We believe the UCC is called to be a united and uniting church.
- We believe that God calls us to be servants in the service of others.
- We believe that the UCC is called to be a prophetic church.
- We believe in the power of peace.
- We are a people of possibility, and that God is Still Speaking!
The United Church of Christ combines the traditional emphasis on Scripture with a respect for individual interpretation of its meaning. We emphasize applying our faith on a practical level, as we seek to be a church of justice, mercy, and peace. We value diversity of thought and personal background. We see our inclusiveness as a source of strength.